One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to or consisting of humus.‘humic acids’
- ‘Organic carbon mineralization was studied in a large humic lake in northern Sweden during a well-defined summer stratification period following high water flow during snowmelt.’
- ‘There is some additional damage that may have been caused by plant roots and humic acids.’
- ‘We've learned that the sodium hydroxide used to separate out humic acid in soil misses most of the glomalin.’
- ‘Organic matter and humic substances are constantly being released by the vegetation mats into the surrounding water.’
- ‘Plants with roots in the remains have access to more moisture because the remains are more organic and humic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.