One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The promotion of human welfare.‘a contribution made in the spirit of humanitarianism’
- ‘The region's need for his kind of world-embracing humanitarianism is starkly highlighted.’
- ‘Loan repayment assistance programs for alumni in public interest careers can help prevent the goals of practicing humanitarianism and maintaining financial stability from being mutually exclusive.’
- ‘If humanitarianism is your thing, there are many organizations that allow you to help people in cultures less fortunate than us.’
- ‘His fame rose further in the nineteenth century when his humble birth, scientific skill, and humanitarianism won the admiration of a democratic age.’
- ‘This is the sort of humanitarianism that should be applauded, not punished.’
- ‘His capabilities and accomplishments in business, government, and humanitarianism are too numerous to mention.’
- ‘Political and financial expediency has influenced the balance between humanitarianism and military necessity.’
- ‘By sustaining a thin strand of humanitarianism in Australia, they also provided a political framework for several generations of leaders.’
- ‘Perhaps we are seeing the flowering of a new humanitarianism around the globe, surely the best possible response to the recent events.’
- ‘Although there are no official diplomatic ties between the two nations, humanitarianism transcends national boundaries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.