One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for the painless slaughter of animals.
- ‘With a lot of debate raised by animal activists about the cruelty of cooking lobsters alive in hot water until they die, a new humane killer has been launched in the UK.’
- ‘Police fear that a vet's stolen humane killer may have fallen into the hands of a crime gang.’
- ‘Spectators could clearly see almost every aspect of what followed, save for the application of the humane killer to the head of the dying colt.’
- ‘Encouraged by a resurgence of fur in the fashion industry the ‘humane killers’ are being allowed to kill 3 million seals over three years.’
- ‘Mr Milford said thousands of sheep had been killed at the mass slaughterhouse with the guns, which are also known as humane killers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.