Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labour or commercial sexual exploitation.‘she is a victim of human trafficking’‘tough new laws to stop human trafficking’
- ‘He calls human trafficking the human rights issue of the new millennium.’
- ‘Is the problem of human trafficking a new one?’
- ‘Is the "mail-order bride" system really human trafficking?’
- ‘There's a lot of narcotics smuggling that does go on here, as well as human trafficking.’
- ‘Human trafficking is a multi-billion dollar business.’
- ‘These women are just too scared to say that they are victims of human trafficking.’
- ‘Each year, Washington places countries in one of three categories according to the level of commitment that they've shown to tackling human trafficking.’
- ‘Unfortunately, when I first started interviewing some of these victims, I didn't know what human trafficking was.’
- ‘We brought one victim to the police and told them that she is a victim of human trafficking.’
- ‘It's clear that human trafficking is a serious and growing problem.’
- ‘The penalties for human trafficking pale in comparison to drug smuggling.’
- ‘Seventy percent of the victims of human trafficking are women.’
- ‘Worldwide, human trafficking's a huge problem.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.