One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A branch of study which deals with people or their actions, including the social sciences and the humanities, as contrasted with the natural sciences or physical sciences.‘she has a degree in human science’‘a quarterly devoted to critical theory in the arts and human sciences’
- ‘The book is intended for students of human sciences.’
- ‘He classed philosophy among the human sciences.’
- ‘She had begun her masters in research in human sciences.’
- ‘This fund is designated for students who are involved in advanced research in the humanities and human sciences.’
- ‘It was a period of fast-development in the fields of human sciences, sociology, natural sciences, technology and management.’
- ‘By incorporating the additional subject areas of human sciences and complementary therapies, we now offer one of the most exciting course portfolios to be found anywhere in the higher education sector.’
- ‘The human sciences are considerably more multivariate than the physical sciences and it is much more difficult to control those variables.’
- ‘Economics is a human science that crosses all sorts of borders affecting the range of human activity.’
- ‘Twenty-two universities proposed projects for setting up leading research centers in the fields of human science.’
- ‘Students who want to major in social and human sciences can submit applications if their scores reach 139 points.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.