One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person engaged in social or political campaigns against the violation of human rights.‘human rights activists condemned the hasty executions’
- ‘Your work as a human rights activist and lawyer incurred the wrath of the authorities.’
- ‘In recent years, human rights activists have begun to police corporate conduct that violates international law.’
- ‘Human rights activists have condemned the reopening of the military command, fearing it will lead to more human rights abuses in the province.’
- ‘She was a long-time human rights activist.’
- ‘The tribunal also charged, convicted, and sentenced prominent human rights activists, journalists, and others for their alleged activities.’
- ‘Human rights activists have been howling for years about the treatment of prisoners.’
- ‘Human rights activists have advised his family to seek an independent inquiry into the circumstances of his death.’
- ‘The group claims that the tool has been developed to enable the freedom of speech of democracy and human rights activists operating behind national firewalls.’
- ‘Human rights activists fear military repression.’
- ‘This year, the authorities have turned their attention to human rights activists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.