One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person engaged in social or political campaigns against the violation of human rights.‘human rights activists condemned the hasty executions’
- ‘Human rights activists have been howling for years about the treatment of prisoners.’
- ‘She was a long-time human rights activist.’
- ‘The group claims that the tool has been developed to enable the freedom of speech of democracy and human rights activists operating behind national firewalls.’
- ‘Human rights activists have condemned the reopening of the military command, fearing it will lead to more human rights abuses in the province.’
- ‘Human rights activists fear military repression.’
- ‘This year, the authorities have turned their attention to human rights activists.’
- ‘In recent years, human rights activists have begun to police corporate conduct that violates international law.’
- ‘Your work as a human rights activist and lawyer incurred the wrath of the authorities.’
- ‘The tribunal also charged, convicted, and sentenced prominent human rights activists, journalists, and others for their alleged activities.’
- ‘Human rights activists have advised his family to seek an independent inquiry into the circumstances of his death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.