Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A virus with subtypes that cause diseases in humans ranging from common warts to cervical cancer.
- ‘The vaccine immunizes against the human papilloma virus, or HPV, which is the primary cause of cervical cancer.’
- ‘If the infection happens to be caused by the human papilloma virus then those slightly abnormal cells have a higher risk of going on to become cancerous.’
- ‘All of the women given the drug so far have not developed the human papilloma virus - the cause of most cases of cervical cancer.’
- ‘There are over 70 different subtypes of the human papilloma virus responsible for warts.’
- ‘Warts are caused by different strains of the human papilloma virus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.