Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A virus with subtypes that cause diseases in humans ranging from common warts to cervical cancer.
- ‘All of the women given the drug so far have not developed the human papilloma virus - the cause of most cases of cervical cancer.’
- ‘If the infection happens to be caused by the human papilloma virus then those slightly abnormal cells have a higher risk of going on to become cancerous.’
- ‘There are over 70 different subtypes of the human papilloma virus responsible for warts.’
- ‘Warts are caused by different strains of the human papilloma virus.’
- ‘The vaccine immunizes against the human papilloma virus, or HPV, which is the primary cause of cervical cancer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.