One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The management of industrial labour, especially as regards relationships between people and machines.
- ‘But there's no shortage of opposition to human engineering.’
- ‘If you live in a city, as I do, everything you see in every direction is the product of human engineering, design, or manipulation.’
- ‘To be able to talk to anyone, at any time, without the mediator of the human messenger and without the messenger's attendant delays, is a thoroughly modern triumph of human engineering.’
- ‘She clapped her hands together and gasped at this feat of human engineering.’
- ‘One held up in the brightness of day, clean and normal and ordered, a testament to industry and human engineering, housing everyday people doing everyday jobs and going about their everyday business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.