One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The management of industrial labour, especially as regards relationships between people and machines.
- ‘One held up in the brightness of day, clean and normal and ordered, a testament to industry and human engineering, housing everyday people doing everyday jobs and going about their everyday business.’
- ‘She clapped her hands together and gasped at this feat of human engineering.’
- ‘To be able to talk to anyone, at any time, without the mediator of the human messenger and without the messenger's attendant delays, is a thoroughly modern triumph of human engineering.’
- ‘If you live in a city, as I do, everything you see in every direction is the product of human engineering, design, or manipulation.’
- ‘But there's no shortage of opposition to human engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.