One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The skills, knowledge, and experience possessed by an individual or population, viewed in terms of their value or cost to an organization or country.
- ‘Therefore, the reservation wage tends to increase for individuals with greater levels of human capital.’
- ‘The group viewed as holding lower levels of these human capital measures will be screened out of the recruitment process.’
- ‘Investment in education is seen as the key to improving human capital and building the capacity for future economic development.’
- ‘Thus, corporate university training provides employees with a chance to increase their human capital assets.’
- ‘But now it is investment in human capital that will provide economic stimulus.’
- ‘Another issue that impacts results far beyond the short term is investing in human capital.’
- ‘The west has huge economic and social potential, along with excellent human capital and entrepreneurial resources.’
- ‘After all, nothing has more lasting value than human capital.’
- ‘Your decision chiefly depends on the returns to human capital versus the returns to alternative investments.’
- ‘The latter category of social services is in the form of an investment: the building of social and human capital.’
- ‘Still, the new human capital initiatives can provide valuable insights.’
- ‘An economy well endowed with human capital is likely to experience a high growth rate.’
- ‘None of the other three countries examined developed such a formal system of human capital investment.’
- ‘First, human capital, or the skills of the population, increased dramatically.’
- ‘The use of female teachers reduced the cost of human capital development.’
- ‘Fisher clearly understood how investment in human capital operated and the tax consequences for his proposal.’
- ‘It appears that human capital and expected wage differences overwhelm the impact of all other variables in the model.’
- ‘The human capital and experience built up by these firms will be vital to the future success of the country.’
- ‘These are costly in terms of dollars, human capital, and technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.