One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long grass skirt as worn by a hula dancer.
- ‘Low clouds hung around the foothills like a hula skirt.’
- ‘She loves photos, and that bikini and hula skirt will definitely see us through the next election.’
- ‘She reached into her closet, coming up with a huge straw hat from a previous Halloween, and a bright green and orange hula skirt, courtesy of a birthday party long ago.’
- ‘Danielle was steaming by the time they changed into their so-called uniforms down at the pool - more like a mix between a hula skirt and a bikini swimsuit.’
- ‘A little girl, sitting on the carpet in the waiting room, had set up in front of her a collection of plastic dinosaurs along with a Barbie doll in a hula skirt, and a small stuffed bear.’
- ‘My media psychiatry roots also come from my childhood passions to perform: from playing the accordion and dancing in hula skirts as a little girl, to singing with a band while in medical school and acting in musicals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.