Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A simple method of describing the shapes of galaxies, using subdivisions of each of four basic types (elliptical, spiral, barred spiral, and irregular). Hubble's suggestion that they form an evolutionary sequence is no longer accepted.
- ‘This is the system generally used if the Hubble classification system in insufficient.’
- ‘Practice in using Hubble classification system as an example of how scientists classify objects in nature.’
- ‘An objective test of the Hubble classification can be performed using the quantitative parameters described above.’
- ‘Come the 1960s, an American astronomer named Halton C. Arp became the champion of galaxies that did not fit the simple Hubble classification scheme.’
- ‘Our ultimate goal is to replace the Hubble classification method with a new Spitzer classification method.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.