One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple method of describing the shapes of galaxies, using subdivisions of each of four basic types (elliptical, spiral, barred spiral, and irregular). Hubble's suggestion that they form an evolutionary sequence is no longer accepted.
- ‘Practice in using Hubble classification system as an example of how scientists classify objects in nature.’
- ‘Come the 1960s, an American astronomer named Halton C. Arp became the champion of galaxies that did not fit the simple Hubble classification scheme.’
- ‘This is the system generally used if the Hubble classification system in insufficient.’
- ‘Our ultimate goal is to replace the Hubble classification method with a new Spitzer classification method.’
- ‘An objective test of the Hubble classification can be performed using the quantitative parameters described above.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.