One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1What is your opinion of that?‘how's that for stereotypical thinking?’
- ‘How's that for saving memory?’
- ‘Maybe I won't give you any dessert, how's that?’
- ‘I adjusted the sign a bit more and asked, ‘how's that?‘’
- ‘Okay, well I'll page him and then send him straight to you, how's that?’
- ‘How's That For Customer Service!’
Is the batsman out or not? (said to an umpire).
- ‘Appeals of "How's that?" to the umpire are usually made when the fielding side think that a batsman is out lbw, or caught behind the wicket by the wicketkeeper, or stumped or run out.’
- ‘"How's that"? Asks James Hazzledine for Collingham.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.