One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The houses and flats in a particular country, city, etc.‘public housing stock in the Scottish industrial cities’‘the existing UK housing stock’
- ‘Old housing stock is replaced or reinvigorated.’
- ‘"The mayor's priorities are raising per capita income, improving housing stock, as well as public safety, government efficiency, and literacy," she said.’
- ‘As the housing stock of the surrounding streets has become more sought after, there is a strong demand for all sorts of shops and services.’
- ‘He was at once inspired to renovate the housing stock and launch businesses in South Philadelphia.’
- ‘The documentary examines the development of a new architecture associated with the expansion of the service economy and the dilapidation of Britain's older housing stock.’
- ‘They can add much needed housing stock and complement the existing environment.’
- ‘I went to the website to book a B&B, but what I didn't expect to find was over half the town's housing stock available to stay in on daily rates.’
- ‘The biggest gap in the Irish housing stock is in the area of private rented accommodation.’
- ‘The town has smaller housing stock and a longer coastline.’
- ‘This more rapid deterioration of the housing stock means that new housing is usually added through in situ succession or infilling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.