One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-profit organization that rents houses and flats to people on low incomes or with particular needs.
- ‘The developer is Homes for Change Housing Cooperative in partnership with the Guinness Trust housing association.’
- ‘A former aid worker in Sudan, he now works as Development Officer for a well-established housing association.’
- ‘Bury's prospective new owner could be a 71-year-old church organist who lives in housing association accommodation in Horwich.’
- ‘The government has been pushing "stock transfer" of council housing - handing homes to private housing associations.’
- ‘She has, at least, managed to clamber on to the London housing ladder - though only with the help of a housing association.’
- ‘Professionals such as planners, roads engineers, urban designers, building company representatives and housing association staff attended.’
- ‘They had held office in trade unions, community associations, the Ulster Unionist party, and housing associations.’
- ‘Ninety thousand homes are to be taken out of council ownership and handed over to a tenant-led housing association.’
- ‘The service will be guided by information provided by the St Mungo's organisation, a homeless agency and housing association based in London.’
- ‘No bids are put in for government schemes for new council properties, nor for HCA funding for housing association developments.’
- ‘Under the Housing Act tenants were also allowed to opt out of local authority control and form their own housing associations.’
- ‘For most, the only affordable option would be rented council or housing association homes.’
- ‘All types of housing needed to be increased, she said, social housing, private housing and greater stock for housing associations too.’
- ‘Tenants on the Havelock estate, west London, have voted against the transfer of their council homes to a housing association.’
- ‘The project also includes housing for rent and shared ownership aimed at key workers, to be let or managed through partner housing associations.’
- ‘By the age of 15 years old Thomas was back with his Mother in a new home provided by a housing association.’
- ‘Housing associations are not private landlords.’
- ‘With the number of properties we are selling, we can't make up the deficit with housing association properties.’
- ‘Measures can be taken to help the situation, such as the use of housing associations and private developers building affordable houses.’
- ‘His wife, Tami, 33, who was a director and secretary of the housing association, was jailed for six months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.