One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-profit organization that rents houses and flats to people on low incomes or with particular needs.
- ‘Professionals such as planners, roads engineers, urban designers, building company representatives and housing association staff attended.’
- ‘No bids are put in for government schemes for new council properties, nor for HCA funding for housing association developments.’
- ‘Tenants on the Havelock estate, west London, have voted against the transfer of their council homes to a housing association.’
- ‘All types of housing needed to be increased, she said, social housing, private housing and greater stock for housing associations too.’
- ‘A former aid worker in Sudan, he now works as Development Officer for a well-established housing association.’
- ‘Ninety thousand homes are to be taken out of council ownership and handed over to a tenant-led housing association.’
- ‘Bury's prospective new owner could be a 71-year-old church organist who lives in housing association accommodation in Horwich.’
- ‘Under the Housing Act tenants were also allowed to opt out of local authority control and form their own housing associations.’
- ‘She has, at least, managed to clamber on to the London housing ladder - though only with the help of a housing association.’
- ‘By the age of 15 years old Thomas was back with his Mother in a new home provided by a housing association.’
- ‘The service will be guided by information provided by the St Mungo's organisation, a homeless agency and housing association based in London.’
- ‘The developer is Homes for Change Housing Cooperative in partnership with the Guinness Trust housing association.’
- ‘His wife, Tami, 33, who was a director and secretary of the housing association, was jailed for six months.’
- ‘Housing associations are not private landlords.’
- ‘For most, the only affordable option would be rented council or housing association homes.’
- ‘The government has been pushing "stock transfer" of council housing - handing homes to private housing associations.’
- ‘The project also includes housing for rent and shared ownership aimed at key workers, to be let or managed through partner housing associations.’
- ‘With the number of properties we are selling, we can't make up the deficit with housing association properties.’
- ‘They had held office in trade unions, community associations, the Ulster Unionist party, and housing associations.’
- ‘Measures can be taken to help the situation, such as the use of housing associations and private developers building affordable houses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.