Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In the style of house music.‘uptempo housey beats’
- ‘The most immediate pleasure comes from the more housey tracks.’
- ‘Ronu plays pure Indian classical flute over a housey club track.’
- ‘Exotic housey dub flavours dance with strings, jazzy inflections, loungey keys and world beats.’
- ‘Things get a bit harder-sounding around the middle section and it seems George is slightly less in his element here, but things get back on track in a mellow housey way toward the end.’
- ‘Hey, I can do melodic and housey any old time, any old place.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.