One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In any case, I responded to the need for money in a typically housewifely way, that is, by economizing.’
- ‘It used to be the stuff of housewifely fantasies - now it's something young professionals can take for granted.’
- ‘In previous eras girls usually followed a distinctive curriculum, such as the polite accomplishments or the housewifely curriculum or cultural studies or domestic science courses.’
- ‘She recalls her mother's initial disappointment when she abandoned architecture to take up cooking - a career that had a housewifely ring to it.’
- ‘Then there are the usual housewifely chores - planning the menu, getting odd jobs done around the house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.