One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the pictures from the burial, his wife Marie looked as distressed and tearful as any woman, left alone to bring up a houseful of children without much material support, might be expected to look.’
- ‘And I hope we have a houseful of people.’
- ‘We had a houseful because we have a townhouse here in Manhattan and a lot of people who couldn't get out, so we had a houseful of people.’
- ‘It was a good distraction from my houseful of obligations.’
- ‘And in a houseful of a lot of kids, and there were a lot of grand kids around, he would get on top of a chair to get attention if necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.