One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The trade or activity of building houses.
- ‘Hunting was primarily a male activity everywhere, housebuilding and agriculture primarily female, while work with livestock varied among ethnic groups.’
- ‘At the forefront of the subjects raised were the constraints on housebuilding in the town - and objections raised by Scottish Natural Heritage.’
- ‘When he took on the top slot 11 years ago, it had slumped into loss, and had interests in open-cast coalmining, contracting and civil engineering as well as housebuilding and property development.’
- ‘He has also sought to rebalance the business, building up its housebuilding and property development arms and de-emphasising the focus on pure contracting work.’
- ‘Construction and housebuilding is one industry that can be badly affected by a recession.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.