One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house or other dwelling in which several different households are living, sharing facilities such as a kitchen or bathroom.‘eleven contraventions of the regulations that govern houses in multiple occupation were found’
- ‘They claimed the districts, which contain high numbers of flats and houses in multiple occupation would not be suitable for fortnightly collections of rubbish.’
- ‘Cllr Fry said the change would have meant the proportion of houses in multiple occupation in the street would rise to 37per cent.’
- ‘These standards will apply to all tenanted properties, but in houses in multiple occupation, additional minimum requirements apply, notably fire precautions.’
- ‘Dr Grady said the number of houses in multiple occupation was increasing and having a knock-on effect on local amenities like shops and libraries.’
- ‘The scheme requires that the Authority maintain a register of all houses in multiple occupation.’
- ‘The authority is particularly keen to tighten checks on houses in multiple occupation.’
- ‘The landlord pleaded guilty to two breaches of rules relating to houses in multiple occupation.’
- ‘Larger houses in multiple occupation will have to be licensed by the council.’
- ‘Houses in multiple occupation often have a very high turnover of tenants.’
- ‘Those with houses in multiple occupation have to carry out regular checks to ensure smoke alarms and fire extinguishers are working.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.