One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chiefly nocturnal cricket with a birdlike warble, native to North Africa and south-western Asia. It has become established in warm buildings throughout Europe.
Acheta domesticus, family Gryllidae
- ‘Both species were maintained on a diet of domestic house crickets.’
- ‘Several R2-less insect species, such as the European house cricket Acheta domesticus, have no insertion in rDNA.’
- ‘Spiders were shipped to Toronto and reared in a reversed 12-h dark / 12-h light cycle on a standardized diet of fruit flies (Drosophila spp.) and house crickets.’
- ‘Here we show that male attractiveness and fighting ability are positively correlated in the house cricket, Acheta domesticus.’
- ‘Females were offered one adult house cricket three times weekly from the time of collection until the production of an egg sac.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.