One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chiefly nocturnal cricket with a bird-like warble, native to North Africa and SW Asia. It has become established in warm buildings throughout Europe.
- ‘Females were offered one adult house cricket three times weekly from the time of collection until the production of an egg sac.’
- ‘Spiders were shipped to Toronto and reared in a reversed 12-h dark / 12-h light cycle on a standardized diet of fruit flies (Drosophila spp.) and house crickets.’
- ‘Several R2-less insect species, such as the European house cricket Acheta domesticus, have no insertion in rDNA.’
- ‘Both species were maintained on a diet of domestic house crickets.’
- ‘Here we show that male attractiveness and fighting ability are positively correlated in the house cricket, Acheta domesticus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.