One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall plant of the borage family, which bears long silky hairs, small purplish flowers, and tongue-shaped leaves, and has a mousy smell.
Cynoglossum officinale, family Boraginaceae
- ‘Hound's Tongue is so named because of its broadly oval leaves which apparently look like hound's tongues.’
- ‘Great hound's tongue may be found from southern British Columbia south to San Luis Obispo and Tulare counties, Californa.’
- ‘The large nutrient reserves in seeds of hound's tongue allow rapid seedling root growth.’
- ‘In case you are not familiar with hound's tongue, please get familiar with it and watch for large populations.’
- ‘Like blue hound's tongue, this plant has burrs that attach to cattle, causing irritation.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.