One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First, being blessed with a fairly equable climate, we enjoy complaining about our weather with wild exaggeration on those days when it turns out less than perfect; on hottish days in the summer there are headlines beginning PHEW!’
- ‘You an oven heated to gas mark 6 or kind of medium to hottish!’’
- ‘But this was a fantastic mish-mash of vegetables and fenugreek leaves in a hottish sauce.’
- ‘She was reading at the time a hottish British novel by - well, never mind by whom - and was, she said, noting the frequency of the references in it to loins.’
- ‘Its temperature was also suspect - hottish, but not so as you had to wait before tackling it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.