Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A style of yoga performed in hot and humid conditions, typically Bikram yoga.‘my wife does hot yoga, sweating in a furnace-like studio’
- ‘Also called "hot yoga," it's done in a heated room.’
- ‘Bikram yoga, commonly known as "hot yoga," builds physical and mental strength, balance and flexibility.’
- ‘This style is sometimes called hot yoga because you do it in a very warm room.’
- ‘The thing about hot yoga is that the smallest of movements cause your heart to accelerate vrrrrooom vrrrooom style, and your joints get all warm and rubbery.’
- ‘New forms of yoga - with names like "power yoga" and "hot yoga" - mix flexibility and cardiovascular benefits.’
- ‘As someone with injury issues I found hatha and ashtanga teachers took more time and the flow of postures was more comfortable than say bikram hot yoga.’
- ‘As more people experience hot yoga's benefits, it will only likely get hotter.’
- ‘Bikram, also known as "hot yoga," encompasses a demanding set sequence in a 90-degree-plus heated room.’
- ‘Bikram, sometimes called hot yoga, is done in a room kept at about 105 degrees (F).’
- ‘But Bikram Yoga isn't just hot yoga.’
- ‘Spinning is out, but hot yoga is in.’
- ‘Bikram (hot yoga) wasn't so great last night actually.’
- ‘One of the latest trends in yoga is "hot yoga."’
- ‘So this ten day pass I have lets me try the hot yoga and the "power vinyasa" yoga, which I'm gonna do tonight.’
- ‘I then went off to hot yoga before Mum and I went to Wray Organic for lunch.’
- ‘One recent, much-celebrated innovation is that players have added "hot yoga" to their training regimens.’
- ‘She went on about the benefits the class offers, the difference between hot yoga and regular yoga (although I usually find most yoga rooms or studios hot already), and what type of results you could expect from taking the class.’
- ‘She was telling me about a new program that the club had launched offering hot yoga.’
- ‘Our Bikram hot yoga is 100% physical.’
- ‘Given a chance to try out "hot yoga" last week I found myself in a 40ºC room following an instructor doing tree and triangle postures.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.