Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large tub filled with hot aerated water used by one or more people for recreation or physical therapy.
bathtub, tubView synonyms
- ‘You may be suffering from a condition known as folliculitis, which is caused by Pseudomonas bacteria in hot tubs and whirlpool baths.’
- ‘Infections and illnesses of various types have been linked, in recent years, to the use of hot tubs and whirlpool bathtubs.’
- ‘Pools and hot tubs should be fenced in on all 4 sides.’
- ‘The variety of relaxing water pastimes, such as hot tubs, saunas, and whirlpools often located at or near swimming facilities, also are growing in popularity.’
- ‘I was there for saunas, treatments and hot tubs all the way.’
- ‘Solar heaters installed for hot tubs or swimming pools aren't eligible.’
- ‘It has 3 heated pools, a sauna, hot tubs, 2 playgrounds, volleyball courts, tennis courts, a hair salon, and a 24 hour fitness center.’
- ‘Upper income households have hot tubs, pools, spas, etc. and are eager to keep them safe and clean.’
- ‘Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight, tanning beds, saltwater, pools, saunas and hot tubs for 2 weeks.’
- ‘Larger houses with more bathrooms, swimming pools, hot tubs and more extensive landscaping translate into a lot of water.’
- ‘We get bromine from pesticides, dough conditioners, and from disinfectants for water in hot tubs and commercial spas.’
- ‘The wooden lodges, starting at £150,000, will come complete with saunas, hot tubs, plasma entertainment systems and maid services.’
- ‘The two police officers slowly approached the hot tub filled with blood mixed water.’
- ‘The mansion will have every luxury imaginable from a gym to an 18-metre pool with sauna, steam room and hot tubs.’
- ‘In the household sector, easy-to-install home filtration kits are being marketed along with filtration systems for residential pools and hot tubs.’
- ‘Two penthouse suites have their own private out-door Jacuzzi hot tubs and can apparently hold up to eight people.’
- ‘Many ranches provide amenities such as swimming pools, hot tubs, and game rooms.’
- ‘Drain water from pools, hot tubs and roof drains to a ditch or separate dry well.’
- ‘Earlier this week health experts warned that Legionnaires' disease could be being spread by poorly maintained hot tubs and spa pools.’
- ‘It has safe beaches, pools with water slides, and hot tubs designed for children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.