One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very reliable prediction or piece of inside information.‘a small-time gambler hits a winning streak after receiving a hot tip’
- ‘And we'll be asking Roy for his hot tip come September.’
- ‘There are a ton of articles filled with cool ideas, great looks, hot tips, and tons more.’
- ‘If you've got any hot tips, on who I should be reading (or what horses I should be gambling on) just let me know.’
- ‘Helen Brown asks the experts for their hot tips.’
- ‘Those wining and dining in the corporate enclosure could expect all the facilities of the exclusive hospitality marquee as well as a four-course lunch and hot tips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.