One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or thing that is spectacularly unsuccessful or disordered, especially one that is a source of peculiar fascination.‘this outfit is definitely a hot mess’‘she is out of control and a total hot mess’
- ‘They had a little spat after one of them called the other a hot mess.’
- ‘Plagued with numerous, highly publicized production problems, there was a sense early on that it was going to be a hot mess of a movie.’
- ‘We knew the offensive line, the most complex unit to get right, was a hot mess coming into the season.’
- ‘He is one of those guys who's a total freak and an absolute hot mess, but you also kinda can't help liking him anyway.’
- ‘That whole storyline was just a hot mess.’
- ‘She called the performance a "strategic hot mess," before saying the whole thing was formulated to get people talking.’
- ‘It's the largest U.S. city without formal zoning, and if you've ever been there you know that makes for quite the hot mess.’
- ‘The harsh liquid eyeliner paired with the rainbow of eye shadow colors equals one hot mess.’
- ‘I cannot wait to see the hot mess that comes walking out of Betty Ford when this is over.’
- ‘Beneath the fabulous pant suits and 100-watt smile, she is, in fact, the very definition of a hot mess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.