One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A key or a combination of keys providing quick access to a particular function within a computer program.
- ‘I loaded up the following in quick succession, all with hot keys.’
- ‘Common hot keys are placed strategically within easy reach, but I did find the buttons hard to figure out.’
- ‘The British-designed keyboards come in four colours and have five levels of brightness, controlled by two hot keys.’
- ‘Ammunition is unlimited, but units also have a limited special combat weapon such as a mortar round or high explosive round that is controlled by a different hot key or mouse click.’
- ‘Certain options like the latter can be accessed with a hot key.’
- ‘Pretty much everything has been assigned a convenient hot key, and the interface is clear and easy to understand and use.’
- ‘A hot key is a combination of keys pressed on the keyboard which activate a function.’
- ‘While there are hot keys for certain functions, there's also a lack of hot keys for others, which is sure to cause a few temper tantrums during play.’
- ‘The control scheme will be familiar to all strategy gamers as it a standard combination of hot keys and mouse clicks.’
- ‘Digging around the menus and what not is also very intuitive and the hot keys just make this even easier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.