One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-performance hatchback car.‘this is a seriously powerful hot-hatch’
- ‘The GTD provides the excitement of a hot hatch plus the frugality of a dieseln.’
- ‘The demise of the hot hatch has been greatly exaggerated.’
- ‘He calls it the spiritual successor to the Honda Civic Si hot hatch.’
- ‘The glory days of the hot hatch are surely gone now.’
- ‘This ne plus ultra of hot hatches is 30 years old.’
- ‘Have a look at Renault's new, even faster, stealth-like hot hatch.’
- ‘The delicious thing about hot hatches is their covert nature.’
- ‘They've also filtered out passing influences like the neon-lit underside of souped-up, hot hatches belonging to boy racers.’
- ‘Everyone has his or her own idea of what a classic hot hatch should be like.’
- ‘Not to mention the fun in blowing away the latest hot hatch with your 1940s rod!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.