One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sudden feeling of feverish heat, typically as a symptom of the menopause.Also called hot flush
- ‘A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial found that Panax ginseng showed no benefit over placebo on hot flash scores.’
- ‘The most commonly reported side effects of exemestane are mild to moderate hot flushes, nausea and fatigue.’
- ‘I was put on Prozac for hot flashes and Zocor for high cholesterol.’
- ‘The standard treatment of ovarian failure and hot flashes has been hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Both groups reported milder hot flush symptoms during treatment, but the reduction was greater in the clonidine group.’
- ‘In the past, the standard treatment for hot flashes has been hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Custom-made formulations prepared by a pharmacist have not been adequately studied for any indication, including hot flash efficacy.’
- ‘Fluoxetine decreased hot flash frequency by 50% compared to 36% in placebo.’
- ‘There were no significant differences between the soy and placebo groups in the number of hot flashes or hot flash scores.’
- ‘But, some patients choose to continue therapy, mostly for the relief of hot flushes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.