One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cathode designed to be heated in order to emit electrons.
- ‘The microwave amplification devices used in space today are based on what's known as hot cathode technology.’
- ‘Filserv produces a range of hot cathode ionisation gauges of the triode and Bayard Alpert type.’
- ‘Many of these concepts are generally applicable to most hot cathode ionization gauges and will be discussed.’
- ‘Also at Cathodeon he was working on hot cathodes in lamps used in analytical instrumentation.’
- ‘Nevertheless, glass gauges for the time being do remain the most popular hot cathode sensors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.