One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intense; with intensity.‘the competition became very hot and heavy’‘he'd go at it hot and heavy for a few evenings’
- ‘Competition was hot and heavy but the Pearl rose to the top.’
- ‘As you guys well know, stuff is getting a little hot and heavy down range.’
- ‘Posting there gets hot and heavy during campaign season, and is updated as news or circumstances permit.’
- ‘There's bound to be a political response, and there has been, hot and heavy, from both sides.’
- ‘Look, the exchange was going hot and heavy at that point and she was asking about the affidavit and she was asking about lawyers, and then, did you have a relationship?’
- ‘I was beginning to think you and Christian were getting all hot and heavy before the party even started!’
- ‘It was just starting to get hot and heavy out there!’
- ‘When TV's Wife Swap landed an ultraconservative Texas homemaker in a two-mommy household in Arizona, the homophobia flowed hot and heavy.’
- ‘This Monday was the day and the competition was hot and heavy.’
- ‘He said he went back home for a surprise visit and he found his girlfriend getting hot and heavy with his best friend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.