One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intense; with intensity.‘the competition became very hot and heavy’‘he'd go at it hot and heavy for a few evenings’
- ‘Posting there gets hot and heavy during campaign season, and is updated as news or circumstances permit.’
- ‘Look, the exchange was going hot and heavy at that point and she was asking about the affidavit and she was asking about lawyers, and then, did you have a relationship?’
- ‘When TV's Wife Swap landed an ultraconservative Texas homemaker in a two-mommy household in Arizona, the homophobia flowed hot and heavy.’
- ‘There's bound to be a political response, and there has been, hot and heavy, from both sides.’
- ‘He said he went back home for a surprise visit and he found his girlfriend getting hot and heavy with his best friend.’
- ‘I was beginning to think you and Christian were getting all hot and heavy before the party even started!’
- ‘It was just starting to get hot and heavy out there!’
- ‘As you guys well know, stuff is getting a little hot and heavy down range.’
- ‘Competition was hot and heavy but the Pearl rose to the top.’
- ‘This Monday was the day and the competition was hot and heavy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.