One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Hello,’ she said rather hostilely before she quickly turned away.’
- ‘I can say I did react hostilely originally when Susan tried address the problem on her own.’
- ‘Like her parents and brother, Martha writes candidly and often hostilely about the people around her, be they lovers, friends, or family.’
- ‘The effect, Scalia explained, was that some topics were favored over others: you could be punished for speaking symbolically and hostilely about race, but not, for instance, about sexual orientation.’
- ‘My late friend Ivan Tors, who produced ‘Flipper,’ told me that he never saw an animal act hostilely, unless they were very hungry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.