One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like her parents and brother, Martha writes candidly and often hostilely about the people around her, be they lovers, friends, or family.’
- ‘‘Hello,’ she said rather hostilely before she quickly turned away.’
- ‘The effect, Scalia explained, was that some topics were favored over others: you could be punished for speaking symbolically and hostilely about race, but not, for instance, about sexual orientation.’
- ‘My late friend Ivan Tors, who produced ‘Flipper,’ told me that he never saw an animal act hostilely, unless they were very hungry.’
- ‘I can say I did react hostilely originally when Susan tried address the problem on her own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.