One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of staying in youth hostels when travelling.‘he saw some people climbing when he was hostelling’as modifier ‘hostelling veterans’
- ‘A favorite activity is sitting on the patio talking with Germans and Italians, another is hosteling.’
- ‘I had done a fair bit of hostelling myself and liked the idea of an outdoor-related job, meeting all the different kinds of people who visit hostels.’
- ‘A spirited campaign backed by the likes of Cumbrian mountaineer Chris Bonington had been launched after the hostelling organisation decided to close Dufton's doors to weather its foot-and-mouth losses.’
- ‘However, if you are traveling alone or with another person, hostelling is something you might want to explore.’
- ‘Then I had a quick weekend in London with Peter and Jasmine, my tirelessly hospitable hosts in the metropolis, before heading off for three days of hostelling in the hilly bit of England.’
- ‘The council is also developing criteria for backpacker and hostelling establishments, conference venues, restaurants, tour operators, and tourist transport service providers.’
- ‘And with hostelling, it doesn't matter how many bad things you see, you need to come back to the basics - people want cleanliness and comfort.’
- ‘The star-grading system, which was introduced in the accommodation industry in 2001, has moved on to other fields - such as the caravan and camping, and backpacking and hostelling categories.’
- ‘It's pretty much all we love about the hostelling experience, right?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.