One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or practice of riding on horseback.
- ‘Good horsemanship is critical to success in any horse-related sport.’
- ‘He said he wants his students to learn horsemanship in addition to riding skills, as he did under trainer Odie Clelland.’
- ‘This must rank as the best horsemanship in the race at a time prior to the modifications of the fences.’
- ‘I found Karen Brown in Bandera at Solitaire Ranch, and she explained natural horsemanship to me.’
- ‘He and Pat hit it off and Dave began studying natural horsemanship in earnest.’
- ‘Two British gold-medal-winning athletes from the Athens Paralympics will be taking part in a display of horsemanship at this year's Grand National meeting.’
- ‘Beverly Brooks Solter, who was known for her integrity and horsemanship, died of cancer on Tuesday at her farm in Upperco, Maryland.’
- ‘Cowboy mounted shooting is a combination of reining, barrel racing, and horsemanship, while shooting at balloon targets.’
- ‘If you're a devotee of the classic skills of haute école horsemanship, then the famed Lippizaner horses at the Winter Riding School are not to be missed.’
- ‘But, ultimately, games are won by superior horsemanship.’
- ‘Despite his youth and relative inexperience, he has shown mature horsemanship in his races, most notably on the first day of 2003.’
- ‘When he encountered a problem he couldn't figure out, he would consult with tribal elders who were versed in the ‘old ways’ of horsemanship.’
- ‘Her show achievements include numerous regional championships in stock seat equitation and regional reserves in horsemanship and showmanship.’
- ‘It is a rugged contact sport that demands great horsemanship, balance and ball-handling skills from the human combatants.’
- ‘Dr. Thomas Ritter is one of a very exclusive group of people in the United States dedicated to the preservation of the classical art of horsemanship.’
- ‘But there is little doubt that Culloty's horsemanship has improved over the last couple of seasons - and a lot of the credit must go to Knight's husband, Terry Biddlecombe.’
- ‘I could make a blanket statement that lead shanks with chains are bad for horses or that they're a sign of poor horsemanship.’
- ‘Good breeding is a vital element in Flat racing and Eddery himself has horsemanship in his genes, being the son of Irish champion jockey Jimmy.’
- ‘From his earliest days of riding Dolly his horsemanship was superb.’
- ‘The former panel beater from Swindon was champion jockey seven times and was renowned for his graceful riding style and superb horsemanship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.