One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Malayan tapir is a good climber, scaling steep slopes with relative ease, and when alarmed gallops off with surprising speed on its horse-like hooves.’
- ‘Moreover, a terracotta horse-like figurine with a saddle on its back has been found in Balu in the Harappan urban phase.’
- ‘A reptilian head was accompanied by a horse-like body.’
- ‘That the fossil record documents a large number of stable horse-like species has no relevance to the question of whether the horse fossils we have provide strong evidence of common descent.’
- ‘The centaur had her four cockatrices perched on the spine of her horse-like half, and her cat was at her side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.