One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that causes horror; shockingly.‘he was horrifically injured in a car accident’as submodifier ‘horrifically high interest rates’
- ‘Her body had been horrifically mutilated.’
- ‘We lost horrifically to her brother.’
- ‘A charity worker was horrifically murdered by bandits.’
- ‘I got horrifically lost in the country roads.’
- ‘I can't even eat ice cream without getting horrifically ill.’
- ‘Some cattle became horrifically emaciated or developed raw wounds.’
- ‘I'm a horrifically disorganised person.’
- ‘She was horrifically injured in a road accident in 1971 when she was eight years old.’
- ‘She will be scarred for life after being horrifically attacked in the street by two dogs.’
- ‘Many victims were horrifically wounded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.