One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A submerged aquatic plant with narrow forked leaves that become translucent and horny as they age, occurring worldwide.
Family Ceratophyllaceae and genus Ceratophyllum: two or more species, in particular C. demersum
- ‘Be sure to include submergent plants such as common waterweed and hornwort for their high oxygen output.’
- ‘A widely held view places liverworts as the first branch of the land plant tree, whereas some studies suggest that hornworts are the earliest land plants, with mosses and liverworts jointly forming the second deepest lineage.’
- ‘Most importantly, the phylogenetic analysis results in a topology that places hornworts as a sister group to the vascular plants and mosses as the sister clade to the hornwort-tracheophyte group.’
- ‘Current analyses include only one sample per group from mosses, liverworts, and hornworts and lack a major lineage of land plants, lycophytes.’
- ‘Land plants are composed of four monophyletic groups: vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.