One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This particular type of animal is, indeed, extremely rare as hornless ewes comprise less than one per cent of this breed and total breed numbers are only around 5,000.’
- ‘The modern Irish hornless breed known as the Moylie is typically ‘red-brown with white faces, and a continuous white stripe along their backs, or almost entirely white with red ears and muzzles’.’
- ‘He didn't ask about her poor hornless unicorn that didn't speak.’
- ‘Increases in the mean male body size in a population are therefore predicted to cause increases in the threshold body size that separates horned and hornless male morphs.’
- ‘At Ali Kosh in the southern Zagros Mountains of Iran, an assemblage dating to about 7000 BC that includes hornless sheep is taken as clear evidence of flock manipulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.