One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for shorelark
- ‘Out of sight a bird called, an early arrival, perhaps a horned lark.’
- ‘They are a bit bigger and plumper than a horned lark and they have a funny little crest on their head that always seems to be sticking straight up.’
- ‘Migrating birds can be seen as early as January, when horned larks arrive, followed by waterfowl in February and March.’
- ‘The longest living known individuals are an 8 year, 5 month old skylark and a 7 year 11 month old horned lark.’
- ‘I hadn't gone much farther when I found the horned larks that Bill said would be in the freshly manured field along the same road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.