One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for Slavonian grebe
- ‘Male and female horned grebes look alike, but males are slightly larger and more brightly colored.’
- ‘If you are close enough to see the yellow tip, then you are looking at a horned grebe, because the bill is entirely dark on eared grebes.’
- ‘They found there are a lot of horned grebes up there.’
- ‘The lakes and wetlands associated with the Kobuk, Koyukuk, and Selawik Rivers support breeding populations of common loons, horned grebes, and red-necked grebes.’
- ‘The diet of the horned grebe consists of aquatic insects, crustaceans, and mollusks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.