One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A northern Eurasian and North American grebe with reddish underparts and a black and gold crest; a Slavonian grebe.
- ‘The diet of the horned grebe consists of aquatic insects, crustaceans, and mollusks.’
- ‘If you are close enough to see the yellow tip, then you are looking at a horned grebe, because the bill is entirely dark on eared grebes.’
- ‘They found there are a lot of horned grebes up there.’
- ‘The lakes and wetlands associated with the Kobuk, Koyukuk, and Selawik Rivers support breeding populations of common loons, horned grebes, and red-necked grebes.’
- ‘Male and female horned grebes look alike, but males are slightly larger and more brightly colored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.