One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of hormones in medical treatment.‘she underwent hormone treatment to increase her production of eggs’count noun ‘pregnant women were given hormone treatments to prevent miscarriage’
- ‘With the help of hormone treatment, the woman can carry a developing fetus to term.’
- ‘In a few normal children who are very short or very late entering puberty, hormone treatment may be helpful.’
- ‘The hormone treatments require delaying the start of cancer therapy, which may not be an option for every patient.’
- ‘Surgery may be followed by chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or hormone treatment.’
- ‘The drug has already proved the most effective hormone treatment for patients who have already been diagnosed with breast cancer.’
- ‘I understand he will need hormone treatment for the rest of his life.’
- ‘For menstrual migraine, hormone treatment with oestrogen may help.’
- ‘I would not personally recommend utilizing hormone treatment to increase body hair.’
- ‘Hormone treatments aim to stop ovulation.’
- ‘Embryo transfer to the surrogate host was either in a natural menstrual cycle or in a cycle controlled with exogenous hormone treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.