One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of hormones in medical treatment.‘hormone therapy is another way to prevent osteoporosis’
- ‘They may recommend hormone therapy or reconstructive surgery on the genitals.’
- ‘Younger men tend to have fewer sexual side effects from hormone therapy.’
- ‘The most common form of hormone therapy, oestrogen plus a progestin, has been shown to increase the risk of breast cancer.’
- ‘Most of the side effects of hormone therapy are temporary.’
- ‘The endocrinologist of the team should be aware of the risk factors or side effects of the hormone therapy.’
- ‘Alternatives to standard oral contraceptive hormone therapy in eating-disordered women with low bone density may need to be explored.’
- ‘Occasionally there are hormonal problems, which can be successfully treated with hormone therapy.’
- ‘There are ways to phase out of hormone therapy slowly over two to three weeks.’
- ‘By altering your cancer's hormone supply, hormone therapy can make your tumours shrink.’
- ‘In more complex cases, your options range from adult diapers to urethral plugs, or from surgery to hormone therapy for menopausal women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.