One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treatment with oestrogens with the aim of alleviating menopausal symptoms or osteoporosis.
- ‘Until recently, hormone replacement therapy was thought to be good for incontinence.’
- ‘Synthetic sex hormones are widely used for contraception and hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘It's okay to take birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy at the same time as depression medicines.’
- ‘So the headlines have dealt another blow to the image of hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Testroxin Gel should not be used as a substitute for medically supervised hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘The controversy over hormone replacement therapy, or HRT as it's known, never seems to go away.’
- ‘The benefit of hormone replacement therapy in women following myocardial infarction is unclear.’
- ‘The use of hormone replacement therapy to reduce cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women is on the rise.’
- ‘All premenopausal women who underwent hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy were given hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Some general practitioners expressed certainty about the effect of hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘The use of hormone replacement therapy to prevent postmenopausal osteoporosis is a good example.’
- ‘The standard treatment of ovarian failure and hot flashes has been hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Should oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy be discontinued before surgery?’
- ‘At present, long term hormone replacement therapy should be given only on an individual basis, depending on the needs and risk factors of the patient.’
- ‘Her medical history is significant only for hormone replacement therapy for the past 12 years.’
- ‘For example, women working in leadership roles may find hot flushes problematic and take hormone replacement therapy while in that role.’
- ‘If oestrogens are protective, what about hormone replacement therapy?’
- ‘Secondly, the trials used either oestrogen alone or combination hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Sixteen of these women completed five years of treatment with continuous combined hormone replacement therapy and six withdrew from the study.’
- ‘The WHI study was responsible for millions of women stopping hormone replacement therapy around the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.