One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treatment with oestrogens with the aim of alleviating menopausal symptoms or osteoporosis.
- ‘Some general practitioners expressed certainty about the effect of hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘The WHI study was responsible for millions of women stopping hormone replacement therapy around the world.’
- ‘The controversy over hormone replacement therapy, or HRT as it's known, never seems to go away.’
- ‘At present, long term hormone replacement therapy should be given only on an individual basis, depending on the needs and risk factors of the patient.’
- ‘Should oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy be discontinued before surgery?’
- ‘The standard treatment of ovarian failure and hot flashes has been hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Sixteen of these women completed five years of treatment with continuous combined hormone replacement therapy and six withdrew from the study.’
- ‘If oestrogens are protective, what about hormone replacement therapy?’
- ‘The use of hormone replacement therapy to prevent postmenopausal osteoporosis is a good example.’
- ‘Secondly, the trials used either oestrogen alone or combination hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Her medical history is significant only for hormone replacement therapy for the past 12 years.’
- ‘The use of hormone replacement therapy to reduce cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women is on the rise.’
- ‘The benefit of hormone replacement therapy in women following myocardial infarction is unclear.’
- ‘Testroxin Gel should not be used as a substitute for medically supervised hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘All premenopausal women who underwent hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy were given hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘So the headlines have dealt another blow to the image of hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘For example, women working in leadership roles may find hot flushes problematic and take hormone replacement therapy while in that role.’
- ‘It's okay to take birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy at the same time as depression medicines.’
- ‘Synthetic sex hormones are widely used for contraception and hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Until recently, hormone replacement therapy was thought to be good for incontinence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.