One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a hormonally charged atmosphere out there.’
- ‘It's been a very difficult day for me, I feel so hormonally challenged, I can barely concentrate.’
- ‘I treat a lot of women who are going through the perimenopause and menopause, and often their complaint is that even if hormonally they're feeling OK, there's a loss of libido.’
- ‘Incredibly, this shocking misdemeanour endeared him to thousands of hormonally charged schoolgirls, and made him a pin-up in offices around the country.’
- ‘Unlike salmon, most trout are the offspring of ‘broodstock’ treated hormonally so they give birth only to females, because these mature later and are better to eat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.