One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a horizontal position or direction.‘labels are placed horizontally on the cases’
- ‘My only reservation about the footage is that it suffers from distortion after being horizontally stretched to fill the widescreen frame.’
- ‘Most trees also possessed horizontally extending lateral roots.’
- ‘Some wheel mice will also scroll horizontally.’
- ‘Some pages are too wide, making it necessary to scroll horizontally to read them.’
- ‘To serve, place the salmon skin side down and slice horizontally into thin pieces.’
- ‘Road signs hung on posts drilled horizontally into the cliffs.’
- ‘At transform fault boundaries, the plates move or slide horizontally past each other.’
- ‘Using a sharp knife, slice horizontally through the middle of each piece of chicken.’
- ‘The cables are strung horizontally through a series of intermediate vertical wooden or metal posts.’
- ‘The ladders are extended horizontally on the floor to the required length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.