One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian mouse with elongated hindlimbs and feet for jumping.
- ‘She described four types of social organisation, with the hopping mouse at one end of the spectrum.’
- ‘Spinifex hopping mice live in small social groups with several individuals often sharing a burrow system.’
- ‘The long-tailed hopping mouse was one of the largest and most elegant of Australia's native hopping rodents.’
- ‘Small venomless snakes, lizards, birds, and small animals like hopping mice and rabbits, were abundant in the undergrowth.’
- ‘A native hopping mouse not seen in New South Wales since the mid 1800s has been found north of Broken Hill in the far west of the State.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.