One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
irate, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentfulView synonyms
- ‘The real bone of contention, however, and what has some Charter Quay residents hopping mad, is the rowdiness.’
- ‘And I think when people find that out, they'll be hopping mad, and be mad at the proponents of this recall who are forcing them to spend $30 million for a special election.’
- ‘That's why New York's elected officials are hopping mad.’
- ‘At least there's this good news: plenty of folks are hopping mad over the incident.’
- ‘This stuff makes me absolutely furious - hopping mad even!’
- ‘That should send more than a few voters hopping mad.’
- ‘Recent gasoline price hikes have made many Canadians hopping mad.’
- ‘Those turned away on Saturday night, though, are hopping mad.’
- ‘Iain Murray isn't just shocked - he's hopping mad.’
- ‘The residents are hopping mad because they're going to have to pay $1 an hour to park in the town, and want free residents' stickers so only the tourists have to pay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.