One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
irate, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentfulView synonyms
- ‘This stuff makes me absolutely furious - hopping mad even!’
- ‘Recent gasoline price hikes have made many Canadians hopping mad.’
- ‘And I think when people find that out, they'll be hopping mad, and be mad at the proponents of this recall who are forcing them to spend $30 million for a special election.’
- ‘Those turned away on Saturday night, though, are hopping mad.’
- ‘The residents are hopping mad because they're going to have to pay $1 an hour to park in the town, and want free residents' stickers so only the tourists have to pay.’
- ‘That should send more than a few voters hopping mad.’
- ‘The real bone of contention, however, and what has some Charter Quay residents hopping mad, is the rowdiness.’
- ‘At least there's this good news: plenty of folks are hopping mad over the incident.’
- ‘Iain Murray isn't just shocked - he's hopping mad.’
- ‘That's why New York's elected officials are hopping mad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.