One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A field in which hops are grown.‘the hop fields of Kent’
- ‘The first English hop field was created in 1520 in Kent, which was to become the centre of hop growing in Britain.’
- ‘The bus drove through beautiful farmland with many hop fields.’
- ‘There is a gentle climate that has made Worcestershire famous for its market gardening, orchards, and hop fields.’
- ‘Men who had never before left the smoky atmosphere of Bolton suddenly found themselves living outdoor lives in the Kentish hop fields.’
- ‘It's a true tale of murder among the Alton hop fields in 1867.’
- ‘Mary recalled that earlier, when five weeks pregnant, she was startled by a rabbit while working in the hop fields.’
- ‘Many came to work in the hop fields and to pick strawberries for the London market.’
- ‘It's a couple of hours passing through some incredibly varied and picturesque terrain, ranging from mountain passes to vineyards and hop fields.’
- ‘In its first season, the formulation has found several niches, including Pacific Northwest apple orchards and hops fields and ornamental crops in Florida.’
- ‘I love hop fields, and there are loads of them—you can smell them a mile off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.