One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A basketball player.
- ‘The backboards came down five years ago, leaving local hoopsters to find another place to play.’
- ‘Considering the past 15 years, the new crop of hoopsters has some mighty big sneakers to fill.’
- ‘The garnet and blue clad hoopsters competed in four exhibition contests that season, winning each by a comfortable margin.’
- ‘Chiefs tight end and former Cal hoopster Tony Gonzalez made the first cut for the Miami Heat's summer camp team.’
- ‘Illinois hoopster Luther Head was arrested earlier this month for running a stop sign.’
- ‘The constant danger, however, is of having writing and art created for a rarefied audience, art that never reaches playground hoopsters.’
- ‘The LSU Tigers even have a third-generation hoopster.’
- ‘After a long strike, the pro hoopsters are finally back.’
- ‘But he didn't think playing in the late games was that bad of a drain on his fellow hoopsters.’
- ‘She's going to enjoy every ounce of her senior year, then see how she stacks up against the elite hoopsters in the nation.’
- ‘In order to be a successful hoopster you have to be able to run and keep running for long periods of time.’
- ‘There's no doubt that our preseason Player of the Year will be one of the hottest hoopsters to watch all season long.’
- ‘If you slept through last May, maybe you aren't aware that America's favorite thespian hoopster done grown into a gamebreaker.’
- ‘During an era when young hoopsters are taught big talent should come with a bigger ego, Greg Oden is so effusively humble it's unnerving.’
- ‘The fast break procession of big-time hoopsters completely overshadows the surprisingly feel-good storyline.’
- ‘The hoopsters take a deep breath, exhale, and immediately flip the ball into the net.’
- ‘Savvy hoopsters take a deep breath, exhale, and immediately flip the ball into the net.’
- ‘Being outscored, 8-5, in the second half, the Harrington-guided hoopsters concluded the contest with a 27-18 victory.’
- ‘Launching the Halls, Tennessee-based Cubby Bear Daycare Center, located just outside of Knoxville, was a natural for the hoopster.’
- ‘His team, the Fighting Irish, are the No1 schoolboy squad in the nation, and the 6ft 8in James is the best teenage hoopster in the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.