One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But people were not the only hunters of these large, hoofed mammals.’
- ‘Foot-and-mouth is a highly contagious viral disease which causes blisters and fever in hoofed animals.’
- ‘If they're lucky, the couple will catch sight of the mousedeer, which is the world's smallest hoofed animal and features in local folklore.’
- ‘Lions prey mostly on hoofed animals, although they occasionally consume fallen fruit.’
- ‘Dolphins, for example, descend from a hoofed mammal that adapted to life in the ocean about 50 million years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.